Here are a few courgette growing tips that we’ve picked up by growing our own…
- If your courgette plants start to dominate the plot, which they are prone to do, feel free to cut off a few leaves
- Keep an eagle eye on the plants to ensure none of the courgette turn into marrows (it happens to us every year!)
- Don’t underestimate the eventual size of the plant. Give them the full spacing. You’ve been warned!
- Don’t forget to make at least one ratatouille with your courgette – Yum!
- Don’t forget to try some of the flowers, either deep fried in tempura batter, or more easily, just fried. They’re delicious and not available from the shops
1. Growing Courgettes – QUICKSTART GUIDE to growing courgettes
2. Planting Courgettes – How and when to plant courgette seeds and plants
3. Harvesting Courgettes – How and when to harvest courgettes
4. Freezing Courgettes – How to freeze courgettes
5. Courgette Growing Tips – Some tips to help you grow good courgettes
6. Courgette Problems, Diseases and Pests – If things go wrong with your courgettes, help is at hand
Back to main Growing Vegetables page